Dan is the founder and Managing Director of Shaper Group, a group of companies that works with businesses, government and not-for-profit organisations to improve their competitive advantage and reputation by embracing sustainable business practices.
As one of Australia’s leading sustainability practitioners and entrepreneurs, Dan has more than 15 years experience advising organisations across Australia, Asia, Europe and the USA.
As a pioneer in the sustainability sector, Dan was responsible for establishing Deloitte’s sustainability division in Australia, and previously managed their Global Centre for Excellence for Environmental and Sustainability Services in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Dan has also advised many of the world’s leading companies including Toyota Motor Corporation, Novo Nordisk, Norsk Hydro, UBS, Amcor, Santos, Europcar, BHP Billiton, Spotless, ANZ, George Weston Foods, National Foods, 7 Eleven, Members Equity and Programmed.
Through his thought leadership, Dan has been an advisor to departments and agencies around the world including the World Economic Forum, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, United Nations Environment Program and the European Environmental Awards.
Dan currently holds a position on the Reference Group for the Victorian Commissioner of Environmental Sustainability and was previously a member of the South Australian Premier’s Roundtable on Sustainability and Sustainable Settlements Committee.
Dan is currently completing a PhD through RMIT School of Education, Melbourne, examining the business case for sustainability and the role of governments to facilitate businesses achieving sustainable outcomes.
Dan is a sought-after speaker sustainability, climate change, risk management and sustainability strategy and has presented at over 100 worldwide conferences and events.
- Advisor on the World Economic Forum Publication, Redesigning Business Value: A Roadmap for Sustainable Consumption
- Former member of the South Australian Premier's Round Table on Sustainability
- Co-chair of the reference group for Dr Ian McPhail, Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability Victoria
- Member of the Victorian Association of Forest Industries Community Council
- Member of the South Australian Sustainable Settlements Committee
- Member of the Education Working Group for Victorian Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability
- Mentor for the Future Sustainability Leaders Program - Centre for Sustainability Leadership